Saturday 4 December 2010

DIY sock cupcakes

Sock cupcakes are a great way to display socks as a gift. Or you could just display your own socks like this, if you really want to.

What you'll need:
  • One pair of socks (matching or not)
  • Some muffin cases or large cupcake cases. Make sure to use at least two together for each sock cake, as it gives it a bit more strength.
  • That's it. I just wanted to put another bullet point because things look nice in 3s.


Here's a little video I did to show you how I make sock cupcakes.


DIY sock cupcakes from Pippa on Vimeo.

Were you able to follow along? Have you made some already? If so, I'd love to see - just leave a link in the comments.

How strange: I'm craving cake all of a sudden.

Special thanks to Mr Pippa for helping. He created the backing track with the power of his mind. And his bass. And GarageBand. Didn't he do well?

5 comments:

  1. You forgot to pass on my apologies for the bad timing and general sloppiness! Love the video though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super clear. Going to have a go and make some baby ones for for my friend. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I'm making hampers to take to family in October (for Christmas) and these will be perfect edible cake replacements - thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw these on a craft stall at the weekend and thought 'I can do that!' thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete