Thursday 14 February 2008

happy valentine's day

Hubby knows that if he spent any money on me this Valentine's Day, I would only tell him off (because we don't have the money to spend right now). This morning he presented me with a card made by... him! It was full of a sufficient amount of soppiness and I adore it.


I told Hubby not to look at my blog today (sometimes he'll have a little look while he's on his lunch-break) because I wanted to share this with you. On Tuesday I began painting a mug for him (instead of a valentine card). First I squeezed on the outliner stuff and left it to dry for 24 hours. Yesterday (24 hours later) I painted the mug...


(please excuse my messy desk)

Et voila! After leaving it to dry for another 24 hours, I baked it in the oven today to make it dishwasher-proof. Finished! When Hubby gets home, I plan to make him a cup of tea in his new mug :o)

I haven't done any ceramic painting in a while. What I used to do was bake the outliner onto the mug first and THEN add the paint and bake it a second time (which was what a couple of sets of instructions recommended) but if you bake it twice, the outliner stuff tends to bubble and that is NOT a good look.

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Georgeous, PIppa!! He'll love it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The best kind of gifts are those made with your own hands! He will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a great "card" mug! Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete