Thursday 10 April 2008

it's finished.

I'm not happy with this AT ALL but I've spent so long doing that I had to post it. The shaded bits look too dark, I haven't captured the shape properly and I generally hate this drawing. But I'm glad I finished it. It means I can leave it and begin something else. If I had just left it, it would have always been there, waiting to be finished - niggling away at me. But it's done. And I can rest.
**Edited on 29th April. I actually quite like it now. Perhaps it's all the positive feedback (which I'd miss out on if I didn't have a blog!). In answer to your questions, this was done with a black ballpoint pen.

12 comments:

  1. Girl you are CRA.ZY! It looks terrific, stop being so hard on yourself :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with wayfaring wanderer - you are a crazy lady! I love this sketch and I've asked everyone else I know and they all love it too. Keep up the great work my darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pippa, honestly I think that you are being hard on your work. But I also know that we are all like that with our stuff be it paint, photography, music, words or even crochet :)

    (and I loved the Mr Pippa handle. I think that that one might stick...)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are too hard on yourself it is great. have a go at a blanik shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Pippa, it's great! What are you talking about? I definately don't think that the darker areas are too dark. What medium is this? Ballpoint? It's really good.

    BTW, I haven't forgoetten about your 'prize'. I just take ages in getting around to stuff - but I get there in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do you mean - you're not happy with it? It's almost 'alive'. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not happy "at all"?? But this is excellent. What medium did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sketch is GREAT - and I'm even more impressed that it was all done with a ballpoint pen! And most of all - thanks for sharing even when you didn't like it....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is really good! Are you sure you had a two year break?!

    Well done and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word, this is a *great* sketch and really inspiring (also reminded me of Andrea Joseph's drawings)

    ReplyDelete