Saturday 17 March 2012

the finished rainbow playmat

My intention was that it could be used as a thin quilt and double up as a playmat. I now think it wouldn't make a particularly cozy quilt, so it's just a playmat. A super cool playmat.

So, these were the fabrics I chose back in September. They didn't come as part of a set. I just had a rummage in the 'fat quarter' bin for the brights and was most pleased with what I found.


And here's what I did with them next:


I had bought some cheap fleece a while back, so used that as the middle/inside of the playmat (you quilters are probably flinching at my having made it up as I went along). I kept the back plain, as it's only going to be on the floor anyway.


I ran it through the machine and stitched some wavy lines. But not too wavy.




I couldn't decide on which colour bias tape to use, so I went with four. Orange spotty:


Plain purple:


Blue spotty:


And plain green, which you can see the first picture of the finished playmat.

It was first used when O was a month old and I did a one month photo shoot with him lying on the mat (with plenty of cushions underneath to support him).


Now, it's used as an actual playmat. He has fun on there, which makes me happy.



1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, it's really beautiful. You are clever and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete