Thursday 9 December 2010

7th December {#reverb10: Community}

Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?

This year, I had a birthday. I try to have one every year, bank holidays permitting. This year, I had a party. It was splendid fun. And at that party, I realised that I'm a part of a really lovely community. Which is nice.


Here's a photo vaguely related to the prompt.

It'll need some explanation first.

I've just started turning our visitor book into a 'house scrapbook/journal' where we stick tickets and photos and bits and bobs from things we've done and places we've been. It's also a place for friends to write us silly messages. Anyway, I am trying not to get too caught up in the scrapbook side of things because it won't ever get done. So, I'm accepting imperfection and, because of that, it's coming together quite nicely. The above photo is of the page I did pertaining to my birthday party. It's not spectacularly beautiful, but it captures a happy time. So I'm fine with that. So, next time I show you a page or two from the house scrapbook, you'll know not to expect perfection, OK?


[P.S. I do realise it's not the 7th December today - it's the date of the #reverb10 prompt. But you probably knew that.]

No comments:

Post a Comment