Monday 19 November 2007

our wedding cake

If you read my post 'A Bit Of A Moan', you'll know that I'm grieving the loss of our wedding cake, or the top tier at least. We were saving it for when our wedding dvd was finished and it was stolen on Friday when we were burgled. A friend of mine made me laugh by saying how the situation gave rise to a joke regarding the cake being Stollen. Oh and can you spot the other joke? "The situation gave rise" - cake? Rise? Cakes rise in the oven? Made me smile at least.

Our Wedding Cake

However, all is not lost. Hubby's mother made and decorated the cake (a talented lady, as you can see!) and says that she still has some of the pink icing and will make us another cake. Obviously not the same, but it will be nice to have something to eat with a cup of tea while watching our wedding dvd (when we get it - these things take much longer than I thought!).



1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. And let me know as soon as you get the DVD, I'll pop round for a cuppa and a piece of cake!
    x

    ReplyDelete