Wednesday 8 April 2009

snippets

I am 23. Did you know that? I have lived away from my parents since I was 18 and I have been married 1 and a half years.

Today, I answered the front door to a man who asked, "is your mum or dad in?"

I paused before answering, "my husband is here". I smiled.

He got quite embarrassed, mumbling, "very sorry about that" and "...look too young to be married..." before asking me if I would like my drive 'done'.

I feel GREAT.


It's been a lovely day today.

I still don't really know what getting my drive 'done' meant.

3 comments:

  1. LAUGHING OUT LOUD.

    I am 27 and went to a gig at Leeds Academy and got asked for ID. I was like...errr I'm 27? And she wouldn't serve me, so my friend said she had idea, ordered two drinks, and the girl said 'I'm only giving you one cos I know the other one is for her'.

    Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, that's funny. I get asked for ID all the time and I'm 26. I do wonder sometimes what age I'll be when people actually think I'm legal age : )

    Not sure what getting your drive 'done' means either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - good for you, I wish I looked as young as I feel, moving out of home early always makes you laugh when people do things like that, I moved out at 17 so understand.
    Drive done means re paved by pikies x

    ReplyDelete