Wednesday 26 August 2009

fabric shops

Remember that fabric shop I told you about in Rochester? No? Well, I went to a gorgeous fabric shop in Rochester called Hometown. As soon as I entered the shop I think I let out a little gasp and my heart leapt with joy. It really was that beautiful. But here's the part where I want to kick myself: I forgot my camera! Can you believe it?! I still can't. Mr Pippa took two shots on his mobile phone (so not the best quality but it's better than nothing, right?):


A gorgeous quilt behind the counter. Made by the shop owner, I think.



I couldn't resist. I had some birthday money left to spend (this was back in May!), so I got a beautiful bundle of fat quarters.




And I picked up an extra couple of fat quarters. Now I just have to think of something I can make with them. Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know of any good online fabric shops? There are plenty in the US (of course). Anyone know of any here in the UK?

3 comments:

  1. If these don't stock what ever you want then I will eat a fat quarter :o)


    http://www.quilterscloth.co.uk/help/about/index.aspx

    http://thetabbycat.com/shop/


    and the words fat quarter are just so adorable don't you think? Kind of soft and hamsterish...okay, it's late and I need to go to sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you thank you! Those sites look AMAZING!

    And I do know what you mean about the words fat quarter. It could be the name of a cartoon character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my auntie's shop! :)
    its fabulous isnt it?
    anyway, thanks for mentioning it, she'll think that this is very cool lol :)
    x

    ReplyDelete